Sunday, July 5, 2009

Anything that triggers my response

16/6/09

Succeed on your own terms

I read a book today today and here are the good & important points to define success in your own terms

1. Focus on what you have rather than what you don’t

2. Always play like you are trying out for the team

3. Be who you are right now

4. Pursue something that is completely and totally interesting to you

5. Embrace your hopes

6. Customize yourself

7. Respond from the heart when disaster strikes

8. Understand your thoughts so you can create your future

9. Be true to your conviction

10. Look in the mirror and be able to say “I did the right thing”

11. Know what your stand for

12. Don’t let others define you

13. Reinvent yourself

14. Accept your own challenges

15. When you get sick of what you are doing, stop doing it

16. Challenge your status quo

17. Admit when you have made the mistake and turn the situation around

18. Realize when you are lucky and grab your opportunity

19. Find something that no one else is doing and make it yours

20. Develop the strength of your own choice

21. Don’t leave your thoughts behind

22. Know how to retire

23. Asset Yourself

24. Surround yourself with the right people

25. Set your watch for now

26. Don’t take it personally

27. Don’t be afraid to be first


16/6/09

Customer service in ICICI Anna salai branch (For cheque deposit)

I wanted to encash a cheque today and went to ICICI Anna salai branch. The system in ICICI bank was to pin the cheque with the pay-in slip and drop in the drop box. But ICICI has upgraded the system like this.

When I entered the branch, one of the executives approached me to help. I thought it is a normal procedure and I don't need his help. But due to his continuous attention on me, I told him that I need to drop a cheq

ue. He got my cheque, wrote my acc no & mobile no on the reverse side. Then comes the automated part...

1. He goes to an automated computer and types twice my account number.

2. He types the amount on cheque, he confirms with me everytime when he enters.

3. The system asks for the cheque, he inserts the cheque like we feed the printer. It gives a receipt (image) which has a xeroxed proof of my cheque leaf.

I was amazed by this upgradation that ICICI has done and I really felt very satisfied by their service. I think this is the real "PROOF" part in service marketing that we studied in theory. Earlier one used to have an uncertain feeling till the cheque is through. With this kind of slip, you will never have any doubt about the encashment and safety of cheque and there can be no discrepency. Great application of technology.


14/6/09

My View on accusing Microsoft...
Microsoft Has Found The Cheapest Meals In America (Or Is Just Cheap)
http://linkbee.com/ATW6P

MS should stop doing this which creates unnecessary doubts on its reputation (and of course ...these unnecessary blogs & comments on whether it is doing right or not). If MS wants to do charity, let it keep that seperate from business and just display that it is donating this much to the charity and let it not relate with any products and downloads. Because then the act of donation or charity will depend on the success or failure of the products advertised. Keeping philanthrophy snd business will clear all the unnecessary complaints & assumed talks. Let the only the intention and action prevail, not stories and assumptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment